"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"Edmund Burke
Many Christians believe that abortion is wrong but don't know what to do about it. Tampa Bay Pro-Life Alliance wants
to help you find the course(s) of action best for you! Please read through the various ways below that you can help
The Lord has blessed us all with a wide range of skills, experiences, and personalities. Take a close look at your unique, God-given skills and abilities and see if you could be used in a volunteer role.
Pregnancy Centers are always in need of committed volunteers who exemplify the love, kindness, and grace of Jesus Christ. Pray and see if God is calling you to serve in one of these roles:
- Peer counselor, which can include post-abortion support, abstinence education, and sharing the gospel with new clients
- Life coach, mentor, or Bible Study leader
- Teach prenatal, parenting, or childbirth classes
- Event, Clerical, or baby boutique helper
- Prayer Partner
Tampa Bay Pro-Life Alliance
In addition to monthly meetings, Tampa Bay Pro-Life Alliance desires to launch and participate in many pro-life opportunities in our community. Consider becoming involved in the following ways:
- Prayer and attendance at 40 Days For Life
- Collecting signatures for the Personhood Amendment Petition
- Assisting with website, clerical duties, and social networking
- Participate in our monthly outreaches
- Donating your time and talent to our special events committee and projects
Sidewalk counselors are volunteers who stand on the sidewalks outside of abortion clinics and offer real help to men and women entering the facility. They are to be the face of Christ at all times, and are there to offer literature, counsel, and pray for abortion minded individuals. Sidewalk counseling can be a challenge, but anyone can do it. If you do not feel comfortable talking with the women scheduled for abortions, you can pray. Many women have chosen life simply by seeing people standing in front of the abortion clinic and praying.
For more information on please go to our Sidewalk Counseling page.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14
Pregnancy Centers are Christ centered non-profit organizations that rely on generous donations by individuals like you to keep their programs going, provide free pregnancy tests, baby supplies, and prenatal and parenting education. Prayerfully consider supporting their ministries by:
- Making a monthly, yearly, or one-time monetary donation
- Donating practical supplies such as diapers, layette sets, etc
- Help raise funds through a Baby Bottle Campaign or a Walk for Life fundraiser
- Attend and participate in special events
There are many ways to defend life through political actions. Here are some things you can do:
- Become a registered voter
- Know where your candidates stand on all the issues
- Vote-know what the Bible says about the issues and vote accordingly
- Stay informed about laws in legislation and action alerts through the following websites and sign up for daily emails:
- Family Research Council
- Life Dynamics
- American Family Association Action Alert
- Life News Institute
- Call, email, and write your Legislative officials in Florida and Washington D.C when action alerts arise
- Become a member of PAFRA (Pregnancy and Family Resource Alliance) a local organization which lobbies for Pregnancy Centers and Adoption Agenices and all issues regarding the unborn
- Attend a PAFRA training, where you will be trained on how to speak effectively to Legislative officials. Please contact Nancy Lathrop (727) 545-1234.
- Visit all the representatives in your district when they are not in session.
- Sign the Personhood Amendment Petition and have your friends and family sign it too.
Your church is your extended family. Be a liason to your church, keep them informed, and encourage them to get involved:
- Start a prayer meeting in your home for the end of abortion, or have a weekly prayer time with a friend or two, you can even start a prayer conference call, its free! (www.freeconferencecall.com).
- Invite your friends, bible study group, men's/women's group, other small groups and Pastor & his wife to a Tampa Bay Pro-Life Alliance meeting.
- Request a movie night at your church by showing a Pro-Life Christian movie such as "180 movie," "Sarah's Choice," "OctoberBaby," "Meant to Be" and others.
- Encourage your church to vote and provide Christian voting guides: http://www.christianvoterguide.com. Ask your church to put Personhood amendment petitions in their Sunday bulletin and/or have a table set-up before & after service for information on the personhood amendment (http://personhoodfl.com).
- Inform your church leaders of upcoming events, Pregnancy Center needs, and laws in legislation, etc.
- Equip the youth pastor to begin educating the teens about the pro-life movement and ways they can be involved.